“In today’s environment, hoarding knowledge ultimately erodes your power. If you know something very important, the way to get power is by actually sharing it.” -Joseph Badaracco
“Sharing your knowledge with others does not make you less important.” -Unknown
Content we wrote
- HOW TO: Understand the difference between Raster and Vector graphics
- HOW TO: Laser Engrave a Photograph
- HOW TO: Prepare your print job for laser cutting aligned to print
- HOW TO: Manually align laser cutting to printed material
Content by others
- Adobe Illustrator Training Course
- Sage Reynolds’ Awesome Bookbinding Videos
- Synrad’s Laser Applications Database
- Synrad’s Laser Processing Guide for Plastics (PDF)
- Acrylite’s Acrylic Distributor Search – Find your local acrylic distributor (most distributors carry many brands)
Adobe Illustrator Scripts
These are not scripts we wrote but were available freely online. We did modify the scripts to better suit our needs and to fix bugs. They were tested in Adobe Illustrator CS5 for Mac. Install them by putting them in your /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5/Presets/en_US/Scripts folder and then restart Illustrator. Access from the File->Scripts menu.
- MonolineText (zip) – Single stroke vector letters. Useful for vector labeling.
- Path Length (zip) – Provide the distance the laser would have to travel to cut the selected elements.
- Round any Corner (zip) – The built-in corner rounding tool only applies to 90 degree angles. This script works on any sharp corner.
- Close all Paths (zip) – Close all or selected paths. Necessary for accurately applying offset path.